- Calamity make-up days: March 24, April 17, April 18, May 30 and June 2.
- Elementary School Parent/Teacher Conferences are Thursday, March 13th. CLICK HERE to schedule a time to meet with your child's teacher.
- SENIORS: Check out our updated Scholarship Section
- Yearbooks on sale now. Yearbook Order Form
- Georgetown Has Talent! Talent Show Rules & Regulations
Friday, March 7, 2014
- Baseball and Softball Practices, 3:00-5:00pm outside on parking lot.
- JH and HS Winter Sports Awards, Monday, March 10th, 6:00pm in HS Cafetorium
- Art Competition - Open to all students & staff. Designs are needed for the G-Men Baseball and Lady G-Men Softball dugouts. Pick up a form from Mr. Wallace or Mrs. Zurbuch. The winner will receive a prize! The Art Department will be painting the designs on the dugout. Deadline is March 28th.
GNews is a project-based, student-driven class where we showcase our school. We cover everything from academics, athletics, organizations, our community, to everyday student life. As the students change from year to year, the personality of GNews changes as well. Please enjoy our current publications;
Mock Trial Competes in Regional Competition
Pictured left to right: James Burns, Val Lewis (Attorney Advisor), Kelly Cunningham, Veronica Johnson, Michele Schmidt, Douglas Johnson, Chad McKibben (Teacher Advisor).
The team competed in the Regional Competition on Feb. 21, 2014 and placed 2nd out of 18 teams to advance to State. Douglas Johnson received two Best Attorney Awards and Kelly Cunningham and Michele Schmidt both won Best Witness Awards. This is the 5th time the team has advanced to the State round in the past 6 years. Great job to our team!
Georgetown's Note-Orious Represents
Georgetown's Note-Orious, GHS's pop a capella group, performed as one of ten groups at this weekend's International Championship of High School A Capella (ICHSA) Regional Semifinal at Centerville High School in Centerville, OH on March 1st. The ICHSA is the largest high school a capella tournament in the world and Note-Orious was accepted earlier this year as one of around 100 groups across the US to compete in this event. Congratulations to our ladies as they attempt to qualify for Nationals!
2014-2015 Kindergarten Registration Information
Registration for kindergarten pupils of the Georgetown Exempted Village Schools will be held as follows:
- March 13, 2014 – 4:30 pm to 7:30 pm
- April 23, 2014 – 9:00 am to 10:30 am and 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm
- April 24, 2014 – 4:30 pm to 7:30 pm
Children who are to enroll in kindergarten must be five years of age on or before August 1, 2014. This is a change from previous years’ registration. The following must be presented before we can register your child:
- An original birth certificate
- Immunization record
- Proof of residency (i.e., a lease or rental agreement; water or electric bill showing your full name and address; completed residency affidavit)
- Court ordered custody papers if they exist
Children who are registered at the above mentioned dates will receive a Georgetown Elementary t-shirt. Anyone needing additional information should call the Georgetown Elementary School at 378-6235.
Congratulations to our SBAAC Basketball Champions and All-Stars
The Southern Buckeye Conference recently release its 2013-2014 girls and boys basketball champions and all-stars selections.
Girls Sectional Division Champions
Girls National Division Champions: 14th Consecutive Year
Girls National Player of the Year: Megan Hatfield
National Coach of the Year: Bernie Cropper
National Division First Team: Mackenzie Carrington, Megan Hatfield, Rebecca Whitaker
National Division Second Team: Morgan Gast, Kayla Seigla
Boys National Division Champion: Georgetown
Boys National Player of the Year: Jake Cropper (1,000 point scorer)
D4 Greater Cincinnati Coach of the Year: Jerry Underwood
National Division First Team: Gage Bradley, Jake Cropper, Jacob Miller
National Division Second Team: Tanner Pack, Bruce-Derrick Williams