- Take a look at our updated Employment Opportunities section.
- Mr. Carpenter's class brings Georgetown's Vision to the Big Screen!
- Congratulations to Shelby Griffith for placing 1st at state with her Ag Science Fair Project! And, a BIG congratulations to Paige Luck, Morgan Meranda, Clinton Evans, Alicia Gifford and Caty Fussnecker for earning their State Degrees.
Friday, May 17
- 8th Annual Field Day to benefit the Georgetown High School Coaches Relief Fund
- Students interested in making up credits over the summer: Summer School information is now available in the Guidance Office.
- Anyone interested in running for a High School FCCLA Chapter Officer needs to come by and see Mrs. Dixon
- Last day to sign up for high school Dance Team is TODAY!
- Junior High Spring Sports Banquet, 6:00pm
Jr-Sr High Students Spread Mulch in the District
Thanks to Mr. Loudon and his fifth period Agronomy I/II classes for spreading 6000 lbs of mulch around the Jr-Sr High School and Board Office. Students spread mulch around the trees and flower beds to help keep the grounds looking great. Georgetown PRIDE!
Kindergarten Student Success
Elementary Kindergarten classes have been working to master academic skills (ex. letters, sounds, words, etc.). To illustrate this, classes have constructed rockets as students were able to achieve specific skills. These rockets are on display in the hallway. Special thanks to Patsy Paul for working with the students on the skills needed to earn pieces to their rockets. She also dedicated much of her free time making all of the pieces for the rockets. She is very instrumental in helping our team stay organized and is awesome at monitoring student progress and keeping the kids motivated!!
Students have also been working in small groups to complete research projects that were presented to the class.
In the picture to the right, students worked in small groups to complete an animal research project. The projects were completed in a week and presentations given to the class followed by peer critiques. Learning, fun and hard work result in successful outcomes.
Anthony Munoz Straight 'A' Scholarship
Congratulations to Kyle Damen and Tom Cropper for being selected as recipients of the Anthony Munoz Foundation Straight “A” Scholarship! Both students were selected from a pool of 190 tri-state high schools based on their academic excellence, athletic achievement, community involvement, and ability to overcome adversity. Tom and Kyle each won a $1,000 scholarship and were recognized at a luncheon at Jeff Ruby’s Steakhouse.
Gtown Band Performs at Disney
Georgetown Marching Band was selected to march and perform at Disney's Epcot. The band traveled to Disney and performed on Friday, April 12. Students who performed were: Kelsey Miller, Alexandra Bush, Dylan Adams, Jessie Mootz, Kasey Spires, Savanna Swartz, Matthew Williams, Megan Williams, Jackie Davis, Karissa Hamblin, Nikki Housley, Caitlyn Richey, Clayton Wenninger, Chloe Whaley, Kara White, Trent McFarland, Austin Rust, Banon Swartz, and Abigail West. The band is led by Mr. Robert Thomas.